Another cabinet finished and ready for a new home.
I have had this little three drawer dresser for a very long time.
It has been the only piece of furniture that was shallow enough to fit
behind the front door but I wanted more storage above.
So I bought this sheving unit and cut the top portion off to add to the dresser.
It served it's purpose but I always swore as soon as I found something better to take
it's place I would sell it.
Well as of last week I found the better piece.
The story doesn't quite end there but for now
I'll just get back to the pretty pictures of the newly finished cabinet.
These appliques were something I added long ago,
and if you would like to achieve this kind of look I've wrote an article you can find here.
The material I used for the shelf backing looks even better in person.
I took and old lattice panel, pulled it apart, removed the staples, and cut each one to fit.
I chose simple but not boring handles so they wouldn't upstage the appliques.
If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
-skim through the topics list at the bottom of this page
-type a key word into the search box on the right hand column